Application Requirements for Prospective International Students Academic Year - Fall , 2018
Handong Global University is a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first century leaders for our nation and the world, who embody excellence in both academics and Christian moral character, in particular, honesty and service.
Admission Form (Click)
Fields and Admission Quota
Graduate School(General studies)
||Humanity · Society
- Management and Economics
- Spatial Design & Engineering
- Mechanical and Control Engineering
- Culture & Media Design
- Information Technology
- Advanced Green Energy & Evironment
MA & Ph.D/
MA & Ph.D/
- Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Green Energy & Environment
- Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country (non-Korean citizens).
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s degree before Feb, 2018) or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s degree approved by law(16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school and university education in foreign countries)
- Applicants who submit internationally authorized English test score which is taken within 2 years, such as TOEFL(IBT 80, PBT 550, CBT 213), TOEIC 700, TEPS 572, Toeic-Speaking130, TEPS-Speaking 51, Opic IM2, IELTS 5.5 or higher have the possibility of being chosen over other applicants. For those who do not have a score of any authorized English tests at the time of adimssion, his/her head professor is required to submit a document specifying an expected date of their test score report. Applicants who received a bechelor's degree in a country whose native language is English do not need to submit a TOEFL, TOEIC or TEPS score.
Forms to Submit
- All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be submitted with a notarized document.
a. Application form (visit the admission homepage and click ‘fill in an application’. After completing the application, print it out and submit it with a photo pasted) 1 copy
b. Self-introduction form(available on the web) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
c. Study plan(2~3 pages, A4 size) 1 copy
d. Recommendation letter(available on the web) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
e. Official University transcripts (for 4 years) 1 copy (students are required to submit document that is notarized by either Apostille standards or the Korean embassy/consulate.)
f. Official University diploma or certificate of pending graduation 1 copy (students are required to submit document that is notarized by either Apostille standards or the Korean embassy/consulate.)
g. Official document(s) indicating parent-child relationship between applicant and his/her parents or Graduation Certificate of elementary / junior high school 1 copy
h. Applicant’s passport 1 copy
i. Household registers or ID card of all family members 1 copy (Only applies to Chinese Students)
j. Documents to submit after acceptance : Finanacial statement (Bank Statement) 1 copy (A bank statement with a minimum balance of $10,000 which has been deposited at least a month or sponsor's certificate of business registration with Sponsor's letter of guarantee)
k. Document to submit after admission: Head porfessors recommendation [proof of academic achievement (TOEFL-IBT80/PBT550/CBT213, TOEIC 700, TEPS 572)] - Only for those who haven't submitted their official score.
Application Due Dates
14 May 2018 (Mon.) ~ 25 May 2018 (Fri.) by 15:00
15 June 2018 (Fri.)
The contents must be uploaded on 'Notice'
6 July 2018 (Fri.)
12 July 2018 (Thu.) ~ 13 July 2018 (Fri.)
Notes for Applicants
- Since submitted documents are primary materials for assessment, be as specific as possible in filling in the application.
- Be sure to make and keep photocopies of all completed forms. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
- Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
- Admitted students should pay tuition fees during the registration period. Otherwise, admission will be cancelled.
- Applicants can only apply to one department (applying to two or more departments is not allowed).
- Notices regarding admission, interview and information for admitted students is posted on the admission website. Applicants should take full responsibility for any complications caused by his or her lack of effort in going over the information thoroughly.
- New students cannot take a leave of absence in their first semester.
- Applicants can download admission requirements, application form, and recommendation form from Handong Global University's Webpage at www.handong.edu
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School
- Tel. # : 82-54-260-1202
- Fax. # : 82-54-260-1209
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration by mai should be delivered by 15:00 of the final day of registration.
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School
Handong Global University
Pohang, Kyungbuk, Republic of Korea(37554)
- For registration by mail, postal order or check needs to be enclosed.
- Application fee : \80,000(KRW)
- Swift Code : IBKOKRSEDAE
- Bank Address : 417-18, NAMBIN-DONG, BUK-GU, POHANG-CITY, KYUNGBUK, KOREA
- Account Holder's Name : Handong. Global University
- Account Number : 950-000157-01-351
Regulation of admission refund and amount
- Any over payment is refundable.
- Admission fee CANNOT be refunded unless there are special circumstances such as receiving treatment in a hospital, death and etc.(It must be proved.)
- For those who are not able to participate in the admission process due to a fault caused by the school or natural disaster, the University will reimburse the amount of the fee for the admission process.
- Under law, the amount of the rest according to income and expenditure about application will be refunded.
How to get refund
- 'Visiting the univertisy directly' or 'account transfer to applicant's bank account'
* When an applicant choose account transfer for refund, transaction fee will be deducted from the refund balance, and applicants are not allowed to get refund if the transaction fee costs more the refund balance.
- All students will receive average 65% scolarship(tuition and others) for 2 years. (only applies for those whose previous GPA is BO or over, during the semester.)