HGU Graduate School Application Requirements for Prospective Foreign Students Academic Year - Spring, 2020
Handong Global University will be a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first century leaders for our nation and the world, who embody excellence in both academics and Christian moral character, in particular, honesty and service.
Admission Form (Click)
Field and Admission Quota
Graduate School of Global Management and Leadership
• Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country(non-Korean citizens). Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s degree before Feb, 2020) or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s degree approved by law(16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school and university education in foreign countries)
Application Form and related documents to Submit
• All Hard Copies of application form and related documents listed below must be sent to ‘Academic Affairs of Graduate School Department’. Postcode and Address are at the last part of this page.
• All application form and related documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied with a notarized document.
- Application form (Handong Global University’s Form_ input through web and download with photo attached) 1 copy
- Self-introduction (Handong Global University’s Form) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- Study plan (2~3 pages, A4 size) 1 copy
- Recommendation letter (Handong Global University’s Form) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- University transcripts (for 4 years) 1 copy
- University diploma or certificate of pending graduation 1 copy
- Diploma or graduation certificate of elementary / junior high school
- Birth certificate which can prove the parents and applicant's relationship and nationality 1 copy
- Copy of applicant's passport 1 copy
- (Optional) Valid official English score such as TOEFL(IBT 80, PBT 550, CBT 213), TEPS 550, GRE, or TOPIK
- Certificate on proof of family members and whole household birth certificate 1 copy (only Chinese students)
- Financial statement (bank statement) 1 copy
(Certificate of the applicant’s deposit balance with minimum amount of 10,000USD for at least one month or sponsor’s certificate of employment, certificate of business registration with sponsor’s certificate of property tax payment & letter of support)
• Document Evaluation: Document evaluation based on university transcripts, study plan and English ability.
• Interview(If needed)
Application Due Dates
||2019.12.3(Tue) ~ 12.9(Mon)
|Notification of Admission
|2019.12.27(Fri) ~ 12.31(Tue)
Notes for Applicants
- All Hard Copies of application form and related documents must be sent to ‘Academic Affairs of Graduate School Department’. Postcode and Address are at the last part of this page.
- Application fee must be paid until deadline.
- All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied by a notarized document.
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
- Admitted applicants should pay the registration fee within the period. If not, the admission will be cancelled.
- Multiple applications to Handong Global University are not allowed.
- Applicants must regularly check Handong Global University's Internet Homepage at "http://www.handong.edu" to check every schedule related to notification of admission, interview, and information for admitted students.
- All Chinese Applicants must submit their Family Register.
Forms distribution : Applicants can download admission requirements, application form, and recommendation form from Handong Global University's Internet Homepage at www.handong.edu.
Application registration :
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Section of Graduate School
- Tel. # : 82-54-260-1206 / Fax. # : 82-54-260-1209
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
1) All Hard Copies of application form and related documents sent by post
2) Online applications
3) Application fee
should be submitted and paid until 18:00 KST, 9 December, 2019
- Academic Affairs of Graduate School Department
Handong Global University
Pohang, Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea (37554)
- Application fee : ￦100,000(KRW)
- Bank Information
Bank Name : KEB Hana Bank
Branch Name : Pohangbuk
Bank Address : 375-89 74, Cheonma-ro, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea
SWlFT CODE : KOEXKRSE or KOEXKRSEXXX
Account Number : 910 910002 76538
- Beneficiary Address : 558 Handong-ro,Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk
- Beneficiary Name : HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY