Global Management and Leadership
HGU Graduate School Application Requirements for Prospective International Students Academic Year - Fall, 2021
Handong Global University will be a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first century leaders for our nation and the world, who embody excellence in both academics and Christian moral character, in particular, honesty and service.
Field of Study
||Global Business, Socio MBA
Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country (non-Korean citizens). Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s degree by Aug, 2021) or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s degree approved by law (16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school and university education in foreign countries)
- First screening: Document evaluation based on university transcripts, study plan and English ability
- Second screening: Personal Interview
Application Material due
(All forms and documents in print)
|2021.4.19(Mon) ~ 5.28(Fri)
|Announcement of Acceptance Decision
Registration by depositing
|2021.6.28 (Mon) ~ 6.30 (Wed)
Application materials to Submit
- All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied with a notarized document.
- • Application form (Handong Global University’s Form_ input through web and download with photo attached) 1 copy
- • Self-introduction (Handong Global University’s Form) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- • Study plan (2~3 pages, A4 size) 1 copy
- • Recommendation letter (Handong Global University’s Form) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- • University transcripts (for 4 years) 1 copy
- • University diploma or certificate of pending graduation 1 copy
- • Diploma or graduation certificate of elementary / junior high school
- • Birth certificate which can prove the parents and applicant's relationship and nationality 1 copy
- • Copy of applicant's passport 1 copy
- • (Optional) Official English test score taken within last 2 years, with the minimum score of TOEFL(IBT 80, PBT 550, CBT 213), TOEIC 700, TEPS 572 (New TEPS 309), TOEIC-Speaking 130, TEPS- Speaking 51, OPIC IM2, ILETS 5.5
- • Certificate on proof of family members and whole household birth certificate 1 copy (only Chinese students)
- • Financial statement (Bank statement) 1 copy
- * A bank statement with a minimum balance of 10,000USD which has been deposited at least a month or sponsor's certificate of business registration with sponsor's letter of guarantee
- • The complete application packet must be mailed to 'Academic Affairs of Graduate School Department' by May 28, 2021. Postcode and address are at the last part of this page.
- • All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied by a notarized document.
- • Admitted students who completed primary and secondary school education abroad are required to submit documents (official university transcript & official university diploma or certificate of expected graduation by August 2021) that are notarized by Apostille standards or the Korean Embassy/ Consulate.
- • Submitted documents will not be returned.
- • Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
- • Admitted students should pay the registration fee (900,000KRW) within the period. If not, the admission will be cancelled.
- • Applicants can apply for one program only in one academic period. Multiple applications will be dismissed for further admission process from all programs.
- • Applicants must regularly check Handong Global University's Internet Homepage at "http://www.handong.edu" to check every schedule related to notification of admission, interview, and information for admitted students.
- • All Chinese Applicants must submit their Family Register.
1. Application Forms
Applicants can download admission requirements, application form, and recommendation forms from Handong Global University's Webpage at www.handong.edu
2. Application Material Submission
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School (대학원교학팀) 558
Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk
HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
- Application Fee: ￦50,000 (KRW)
- Application Fee to:
||KEB Hana Bank
||KOEXKRSE or KOEXKRSEXXX
||375-89 74, Cheonma-ro, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea
||Transfer from abroad: 910-910002-76538
|Transfer within Korea: 910-910005-17804
||558 Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk
||HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY (한동대학교)
* When transferring application fee, a transfer transaction must be recorded on uinversity bank account with an applicant's name as a transaction memo in the form of "GM.yourname" (ex. GM. DavidKim), and the receipt must be submitted along with the application documents.
3. Rules for Application Fee Refund
- Any over payment is refundable.
- Application fee can be refunded only if unavoidable circumstances would happen to an applicant. For the refund, however, the applicant must provide the proof of such circumstances.
- Application fee can also be refunded to an applicant whose admission process has been interrupted either by University faults or natural disaster.
- Under the law, the balance of the admission fee after deducting all expenses incurred up until the interruption of the admission process will be refunded. (The balance will be refunded within 60 days from the beginning of the first semester.)
- An applicant can choose one of two refund procedures: Visiting the university directly, or "Account transfer to applicant's bank account".
- When an applicant chooses account transfer for refund, transaction fee will be deducted from the refund balance, and applicants are not allowed to get refund if the transaction fee costs more than the refund balance.
4. Contact for Further Information:
- Dept. of Academic Affairs,
Handong Graduate School of Global Management & Leadership