Global Management and Leadership
Application Requirements for Prospective International Students Academic Year - Fall, 2022
Handong Global University will be a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first century leaders for our nation and the world, by equipping students with excellence in both academics and Christian values, in particular honesty and integrity.
Field of Study
||The Number of Admission
|| Global Business
1. Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country (non-Korean citizens). Applicants must hold
a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s degree by Aug, 2022)
or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s degree approved by law (16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school
and university education in foreign countries)
2. Proof of English Proficiency
a. By submitting an official English test score taken within last 2 years, with the minimum score of TOEFL (IBT 80, PBT 550,
CBT 213),TOEIC 700, TEPS 572 (New TEPS 309), TOEIC -Speaking 130, TEPS-Speaking 51, OPIC IM2, IELTS 5.5
b. The following applicants are exempted from submitting English test score
- An applicant who received a bachelor’s or higher degree in a country where English is the first official language.
- An applicant who received a bachelor’s or higher degree in a country where English is not the official language.
but all classes are taught in English. In this case, an official proof of English as the language of instruction must be submitted.
- An applicant with the minimum of 2 years of work experience in English can submit a letter with an institutional seal as the
proof of English proficiency, in which English is clearly mentioned as the mode of communication for
major professional works.
- First screening : Document evaluation based on university transcripts, study plan and English ability
Application Material due
(All forms and documents in print)
|2022.5.2(Mon) ~ 5.25 (Wed)
|Announcement of Acceptance Decision
Registration by depositing
|2022.6.16 (Thu) ~ 6.17 (Fri)
Application materials to Submit
- All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied
- with a notarized document.
- • Application form (Download - MS Excel)
- • Personal information collection and usage agreement form (Download - MS Word)
- • Self-introduction(Handong Global University’s Form) 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- • Study plan(2~3 pages, A4 size) 1 copy
- • Recommendation letter 1 copy (Download - MS Word)
- • University transcripts (for 4 years) 1 copy * Apostille or the Korean Embassy/Consulate required
- • University diploma or certificate of certificate of expected graduation by August 2022 1 copy * Apostille or the Korean Embassy/Consulate required
- • Diploma or graduation certificate of elementary / junior high school
- • Birth certificate which can prove the parents and applicant's relationship and nationality 1 copy
- • Copy of applicant's passport 1 copy
- • Official English test score taken within last 2 years (section Ⅱ.2. Proof of English Proficiency)
- • Certificate on proof of family members and whole household birth certificate 1 copy (only Chinese students)
- • Financial statement (Bank statement) 1 copy
- * A bank statement with a minimum balance of 10,000USD which has been deposited at least 1month or sponsor's certificate of business
- registration with sponsor's letter of guarantee
- • The complete application packet must be mailed to 'Academic Affairs of Graduate School Department' by May 25, 2022.
- Postcode and address are at the last part of this page.
- • All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be accompanied by a
- notarized document.
- • Admitted students who completed primary and secondary school education abroad are required to submit documents (official
- university transcript & official university diploma or certificate of expected graduation by August 2022) that are notarized by
- Apostille standards or the Korean Embassy/ Consulate.
- • Submitted documents will not be returned.
- • Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
- • Admitted students should pay the registration fee (900,000KRW) within the period. If not, the admission will be cancelled.
- • Applicants can apply for one program only in one academic period. Multiple applications will be dismissed for further
- admission process from all programs.
- • All Chinese Applicants must submit their Family Register.
1. Application Material Submission
Submission Address :
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School (대학원교학팀) 558
Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk
HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
- Application Fee : ￦50,000 (KRW)
- Application Fee to :
|Bank Name :
||KEB Hana Bank
|Branch Name :
|Swift Code :
||KOEXKRSE or KOEXKRSEXXX
|Bank Address :
||375-89 74, Cheonma-ro, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea
|Account Number :
|Recipient Address :
||558 Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk
|Recipient Name :
||HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY (한동대학교)
* When transferring application fee, a transfer transaction must be recorded on uinversity bank account with an applicant's name as a
transaction memo in the form of "GM.yourname" (ex. GM. DavidKim), and the receipt must be submitted along with the application
2. Rules for Application Fee Refund
- Any over payment is refundable.
- Application fee can be refunded only if unavoidable circumstances would happen to an applicant. For the refund, however,
the applicant must provide the proof of such circumstances.
- Application fee can also be refunded to an applicant whose admission process has been interrupted either by University faults
or natural disaster.
- Under the law, the balance of the admission fee after deducting all expenses incurred up until the interruption of the admission
process will be refunded. (The balance will be refunded within 60 days from the beginning of the first semester.)
- An applicant can choose one of two refund procedures: Visiting the university directly, or "Account transfer to applicant's bank account".
- When an applicant chooses account transfer for refund, transaction fee will be deducted from the refund balance, and applicants are not
allowed to get refund if the transaction fee costs more than the refund balance.
3. Contact for Further Information :
- Dept. of Academic Affairs,
Handong Graduate School of Global Management & Leadership