Application Requirements for Prospective International Students Academic Year- Fall, 2022 (2nd Round)
Handong Global University is a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first century leaders for our nation and the world, who embody excellence in both academics and Christian moral character, in particular, honesty and service.
- Social Welfare
of seats are
- Mechanical and Control System Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Advanced Convergence
Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country non-Korean citizens). Applicants must hold a bachelor’s/master’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s/master’s degree before Aug, 2022) or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s/master’s degree approved by law (16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school and university education in foreign countries)
* Applicant may send the scanned document first, however, when the applicant submits the hard copy of the document, the applicant is required to submit a document that is notarized by either the Korean embassy/ consulate or Apostille standards.
e. Certificate of authorized English test score taken within 2 years. (TOEFL- IBT 80 / PBT 550 / CBT 213, TOEIC 700, TEPS 572, New TEPS 309, TOEIC-Speaking 130, TEPS-Speaking 51, OPIC IM2, IELTS 5.5 or higher)
* For those who do not have a score of any authorized English tests at the time of admission, his/her head professor is required to submit a letter of proof for language proficiency. If the applicant has studied in University using English as his/her first language, there is no need to submit a certificate of English test score and a letter of language proficiency by the professor.
f. Applicant’s passport 1 copy
g. Financial statement (Bank Statement) 1 copy
* A bank statement with a minimum balance of $10,000 which has been deposited at least a month or sponsor's certificate of business registration with Sponsor's letter of guarantee
- Transfer Information
|Application fee:||￦80,000(KRW) or $80(USD)|
|Bank Name:||KEB Hana Bank|
|Swift Code:||KOEXKRSE or KOEXKRSEXXX|
|Bank Address:||375-89 74,Cheonma-ro, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do|
Transfer from abroad: 910-910002-76538
Transfer within Korea: 910-910005-17804
|Beneficiary Address:||558 Handong-ro,Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongbuk|
|Beneficiary Name:||HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY|
Admission Process and Enrollment
~ 1 July 2022 (Fri.)
|Document Evaluation Result||
11 July 2022 (Mon.)
|Interview||~15. July 2022(Fri)|
Final result announcement
28 July 2022 (Thur.)
Admission & Tuition fee payment
* Admission fee amount: 900,000 KRW
* Tuition fee amount : Humanity·Society 4,074,000 KRW / Science·Engineering 5,646,000 KRW
1 Aug 2022 (Mon.)
~ 5 Jun 2022 (Fri.)
All students who have been admitted through regular admission will receive an average of 65% of tuition scholarship for 2 years.
(It only applies to those whose GPA is B0 or above from a previous semester.)
a. Since submitted documents are primary materials for assessment, be as specific as possible in filling in the application.
b. Be sure to make and keep photocopies of all completed forms. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
c. Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
d. Admitted students should pay tuition fees during the registration period. Otherwise, admission will be canceled.
e. Applicants can only apply to one department (applying to two or more departments is not allowed)
f. Notices regarding admission, interview, and information for admitted students are posted on the admission website. Applicants should take full responsibility for any complications caused by his or her lack of effort in going over the information thoroughly.
g. New students cannot take a leave of absence in their first semester.
- Tel. #: 82-54-260-1202, 3
- Fax. #: 82-54-260-1209
- E-Mail : email@example.com
*The scanned documents must arrive by e-mail within the application period, and the original documents must be sent without delay after the confirmation of your admission.
- Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School, Handong Global University, Buk-gu,
Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea (Zip : 37554)
Regulations of Admission Fee Refund and Amount
- Any over payment is refundable.
- Admission fee CANNOT be refunded unless there are special circumstances such as receiving treatment in a hospital, death etc. (It must be proved.)
- For those who are not able to participate in the admission process due to a fault caused by the school or natural disaster, the University will reimburse the amount of the fee for the admission process.
- Under the law, the amount of the rest according to income and expenditure about the application will be refunded.
- ‘Visiting the university in person' or ‘account transfer to applicant’s bank account’
* When the applicant chooses account transfer for a refund, the transaction fee will be deducted from the refund balance, and the refund is not possible if the transaction fee is higher than the refund balance.
Result Announcement: By Email.