Student Life
Practical Information
Text size 글자작게 글자크게 출력하기
Visa Information
After your admission or exchange participation is confirmed, Handong Administration will send a ‘Certificate of Admission’.
Please CONTACT the nearest Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Korea for instructions on visa application.
After receiving the visa packet from Handong, visit the Korean Embassy / Consulate’s Website in your country of residence and check the list of required documents for D-2 visa application in order to process your visa application. Please note that document submission may differ according to each consulate’s regulations.
How to Obtain a Student Visa
After receiving the documents from HGU OIA, contact the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea and re-confirm the required documents. Then, submit the visa application along with the required documents. Typically, the following supporting documents are needed for VISA applications.
HGU will send you:
- Certificate of Admission (& Acceptance Letter)​
- MoU (only for Exchange Students)
- Business Certificate of HGU (in Korean)
- Scholarship Certificate (only for Scholarship Students) Students need to prepare and check:
- Valid Passport
- Make sure your passport is valid throughout the entire duration of your stay Spring Semester: Feb ~ July (min. 6 months) Fall Semester: August ~ Jan (min. 6 months)
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Bank Statement or Certificate of Scholarship
How to Find Embassy of the Rep. of Korea in Your Country
Visit (Ministry of Foreign Affairs website)
  • - Menu: ROK Missions Overseas select your country find Location/Contact
  • - For more information regarding Visa, please visit HERE
Handong Global University 558 Handong-ro Buk-gu, Pohang Gyeongbuk 37554 Republic of Korea
Copyright (c)Handong Global University. All Rights Reserved.