General Studies (Master)
Application Requirements for Prospective International Students Academic Year - Spring 2024
Handong Global University is a "Global Christian University", educating twenty-first-century leaders for our nation and the world, who embody excellence in both academics and Christian moral characters, in particular, honesty and service.
Fields and Admission Quota for General Graduate School
||Humanity · Society
• Social Welfare
|In accordance with the internal policy
||• Life Science
||• Spatial Design & Engineering
• Mechanical and Control System Engineering
• Culture & Media Design
• Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
• Advanced Convergence
• Human Ecology and Technology
Both the applicant and his/her parents must be native citizens of a foreign country non-Korean citizens). Applicants must hold a bachelor’s/master’s degree from an accredited college or university (or expected to receive a bachelor’s/master’s degree before February, 2024) or educational attainment equivalent to bachelor’s/master’s degree approved by law (16 years of elementary, junior/middle, high school and university education in foreign countries)
1. Step 1 will be document evaluation.
2. Step 2 will be the interview for those who pass the document evaluation.
3. Document evaluation is reviewed comprehensively based on the submitted documents such as the university transcript (GPA), study plan portraying the suitability for the proposed program of studies, and applicant's language proficiency.
4. The General Graduate School Committee will make the final decision on the acceptance.
Documents to Submit
All documents must be written in Korean or English. Documents written in any other language must be submitted with a notarized document.
a-1. Application form Download-MS Excel
a-2. Personal information collection and usage agreement form Download - MS Word
b. Self-introduction form(available on the web) 1 copy Download - MS Word
c. Recommendation letter(available on the web) 1 copy Download - MS Word
d-1. Official University/Graduate School transcripts(for 4 years/2 years) 1 copy
d-2. Official University/Graduate School diploma or certificate of pending graduation 1 copy
* Applicant may send the scanned document first, however, when the applicant submits the hard copy of the document, the applicant is required to submit a document that is notarized by either the Korean embassy/ consulate or Apostille standards.
e. Certificate of authorized English test score taken within 2 years. (TOEFL- IBT 80 / PBT 550 / CBT 213, TOEIC 700, TEPS 572, New TEPS 264, TOEIC-Speaking 130, TEPS-Speaking 51, OPIC IM2, IELTS 5.5 or higher)
* For those who do not have a score of any authorized English tests at the time of admission, his/her head professor is required to submit a letter of proof for language proficiency. (English test score above must be obtained before graduation.)
* If the applicant has studied in University using English as his/her first language, there is no need to submit a certificate of English test score or a letter of language proficiency by the professor.
f. Applicant’s passport 1 copy
Application Fee (Transfer Information)
||￦80,000(KRW) or $70(USD)
||KEB Hana Bank
||KOEXKRSE or KOEXKRSEXXX
||375-89 74,Cheonma-ro, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
||558 Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup,
||HANDONG GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
Admission Process and Enrollment
||16 October 2023 (Mon.)~3 November 2023 (Fri.) by 16:00 KST
|Document Evaluation Result
||~10 November 2023 (Wed.) (will be noticed by email)
||~24. November 2023 (Fri.)
|Final result announcement
||8 December 2023 (Fri.) after 14:00 KST
|Admission & Tuition fee payment
* Admission fee amount: 900,000 KRW
* Tuition fee amount : Humanity·Society 4,074,000 KRW / Science·Engineering 5,646,000 KRW
|12 December 2023 (Tue.) ~ 14 December 2023 (Thu.)
All students who have been admitted through regular admission will receive an average of 65% of tuition scholarship for 2 years.
(It only applies to those whose GPA is B0 or above from a previous semester.)
Notes for Applicants
a. Since submitted documents are primary materials for assessment, be as specific as possible in filling in the application.
b. Be sure to make and keep photocopies of all completed forms. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
c. Any false or misleading information found in the application or supporting documents will result in cancellation of admission.
d. Admitted students should pay tuition fees during the registration period. Otherwise, admission will be canceled.
e. Applicants can only apply to one department (applying to two or more departments is not allowed)
f. Notices regarding admission, interview, and information for admitted students are posted on the admission website. Applicants should take full responsibility for any complications caused by his or her lack of effort in going over the information thoroughly.
g. New students cannot take a leave of absence in their first semester.
- Tel #: +82-54-260-1202, 3
- Fax # : +82-54-260-1209
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
*The scanned documents must arrive by e-mail within the application period, and the original documents must be sent without delay after the confirmation of your admission.
Dept. of Academic Affairs Sect. of Graduate School, Handong Global University, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea (Zip : 37554)
Regulations of Admission Fee Refund and Amount
- Any over payment is refundable.
- Admission fee CANNOT be refunded unless there are special circumstances such as receiving treatment in a hospital, death etc. (It must be proved.)
- For those who are not able to participate in the admission process due to a fault caused by the school or natural disaster, the University will reimburse the amount of the fee for the admission process.
- Under the law, the amount of the rest according to income and expenditure about the application will be refunded.
How to Get Refund
- ‘Visiting the university in person' or ‘account transfer to applicant’s bank account’
* When the applicant chooses account transfer for a refund, the transaction fee will be deducted from the refund balance, and the refund is not possible if the transaction fee is higher than the refund balance.
Result Announcement: By Email.